I don't want to go to bed!
Last night when Mummy was putting me to sleep, I resisted and refused to lie down and shut my eyes. Mummy kept the lights off and laid with me on my bed. She refused to let me climb out of bed. It was 9.30pm, which was my bedtime.
Chloe: Mummy, go home to Begonia.
Mummy: Why would you want Mummy to do that?
Chloe: (paused to think for a while) Go home to Begonia.
Mummy: Are you sure you want Mummy to do that?
Chloe: Yes
Mummy: Ok, Mummy is leaving now. Bye Bye Chloe.
Chloe: (whined very pitifully) No no. Mummy don't go.
Mummy: Do you want Mummy to stay or go?
Chloe: Mummy, stay here.
Mummy: You said mean things to Mummy. Mummy is sad. Mummy is crying. (pretended to sob)
Chloe: (cupped Mummy's mouth) Quiet. Quiet.
A while later...
Chloe: Mummy sleep on the floor.
Mummy: Why?
Chloe: (paused to think for a while) Because I sleep on the bed.
Mummy: Chloe is bullying Mummy. Not nice to do that. Chloe not nice.
Chloe: Chloe good girl. Mummy sleep on the bed. Chloe is a good girl.
(shut both eyes and stayed very still for a minute)
Mummy had a tough time getting me to sleep last night. I managed to drag it on till about 10.30pm when I felt really exhausted and drifted off to sleep on my own.
Chloe: Mummy, go home to Begonia.
Mummy: Why would you want Mummy to do that?
Chloe: (paused to think for a while) Go home to Begonia.
Mummy: Are you sure you want Mummy to do that?
Chloe: Yes
Mummy: Ok, Mummy is leaving now. Bye Bye Chloe.
Chloe: (whined very pitifully) No no. Mummy don't go.
Mummy: Do you want Mummy to stay or go?
Chloe: Mummy, stay here.
Mummy: You said mean things to Mummy. Mummy is sad. Mummy is crying. (pretended to sob)
Chloe: (cupped Mummy's mouth) Quiet. Quiet.
A while later...
Chloe: Mummy sleep on the floor.
Mummy: Why?
Chloe: (paused to think for a while) Because I sleep on the bed.
Mummy: Chloe is bullying Mummy. Not nice to do that. Chloe not nice.
Chloe: Chloe good girl. Mummy sleep on the bed. Chloe is a good girl.
(shut both eyes and stayed very still for a minute)
Mummy had a tough time getting me to sleep last night. I managed to drag it on till about 10.30pm when I felt really exhausted and drifted off to sleep on my own.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home